With its cardioid, omnidirectional, bidirectional, and stereo pickup options, the Godox UMic82 desktop USB condenser microphone offers versatility and quality sound capture for podcasters, content creators, singers, and musicians using Mac or Windows computers for their productions.
Cardioid mode is ideal for recording one speaker or a solo performer in front of the mic while rejecting background noise behind the mic, whereas the omnidirectional setting captures sound from 360° around the capsule, great for situations where multiple people are gathered near the mic. The bidirectional mode picks up speakers or vocalists on each side of the mic, while the stereo mode offers two-channel capture for a pronounced stereo effect when desired.
The UMic82 boasts a built-in grille to reduce pops from vocal plosives, a gain knob for optimizing the mic level, and a mute button to cut the mic signal between performances or sections. Also, the mic features a 3.5mm headphone jack for convenient real-time audio monitoring. Driver-free setup ensures simple plug-and-play operation, and the included USB Type-C and USB Type-C to USB Type-A cables ensure proper connectivity with computers and many mobile devices.
- Broadcast-quality condenser microphone with selectable polar patterns
- Omnidirectional polar pattern picks up sound equally from all directions
- Cardioid polar pattern picks up less sound from the rear and sides
- Bidirectional polar pattern can be used to pick up two people on either side of the microphone
- Stereo mode for two-channel stereo audio capture
- Plug-and-play operation requires no driver installation
- Powered via USB (includes USB Type-C and USB Type-C to USB Type-A cables)
- Mic gain control and mic mute switch
- Built-in pop filter reduces pops from vocal plosives
- 3.5mm headphone jack allows convenient real-time monitoring
- Integrated desktop stand